I should also introduce the other authors. Dr Ahmad K B Hong and I, are in the same department at FKA. He obtained his PhD from Cambridge under the supervision of Prof Pellegrino who is now a professor in CALTECH. Dr Ahmad an I have written nine papers together and two lectures note on FE and Computational Mechanics. He is a year younger than me.
Nursalawati and Rosliza are PhD students registered at Mathematics Department of UTM. Nursalawati is a UNIMAP lecturer whilst Rosliza teaches in UiTM. Nursalawati works on improving Finite Difference Approach in modelling the effect of stenosis to blood flow whilst Rosliza is formulating Finite Element approach to tackle the problem of fluid-structure interactions between the blood flow and the blood vessel in the study of aneurysm.
Erwan Kasiman has submitted his Master's thesis which involved the derivation of Finite Element Formulation in allowing for the inclusion of magnetic fields in the Navier-Stoke flow's equation. He is now a tutor of FKA.
The papers below basically involve mathematical formulations and the writing of subsequent computer source's code. The occasional use of existing engineering software are merely for verification purposes; to verify the derived formulations and written source's code.
1. Nursalasawati Rusli, Erwan H Kasiman, Ahmad K B Hong, Airil Y M Yassin and Norsarahaida Amin, (2011), Numerical Solution of a Two-Dimensional Navier Stokes Equations using an Improved Finite Difference Method, MATEMATIKA, Vol 27, No. 1, 1-9
1. Airil Y M Yassin, and Norsarahaida Amin, (2009), The Importance of Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Mathematics Seminar, UKM
1. Nursalasawati Rusli, Ahmad K B Hong, Erwan H Kasiman, Airil Y M Yassin and Norsarahaida Amin, (2011), Numerical Computation of a Two-Dimensional Biomagnetic Channel Flow, International Conference on Mathematical and Computational Biology
2. Nursalasawati Rusli, Sasa Kenjeres, Airil Y M Yassin, Ahmad K B Hong and Norsarahaida Amin, (2010), Three Dimensional Numerical Simulations of Blood Flow Behaviour in Stenotic and Aneurysmal Arteries, 1st Regional Conference on Applied and Engineering Mathematics, UNIMAP
3. Nursalasawati Rusli, Erwan H Kasiman, Airil Y M Yassin, Ahmad K B Hong and Norsarahaida Amin, (2010), Numerical Computation of a Laminar Flow in a Straight Rectangular Duct, Faculty of Science Postgraduates Conference, Ibnu Sina Institute, UTM
4. Rosliza M Yasin, Erwan H Kasiman, Airil Y M Yassin, Ahmad K B Hong and Norsarahaida Amin, (2009), Ferrohydrodynamics Effects on One-Dimensional Acoustic Fluid Flow with Fluid-Structures Interaction, ICORAFSS